Friday, September 25, 2009

Bucket List: A list of things to do before you die. Comes from the term "kicked the bucket"

The “bucket list”, a somewhat morbid concept first introduced to me by my mother insisting that I see the movie coining the term as its title, which starred Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman (two actors I wouldn’t mind living without). I felt as though the movie itself was subpar, while the message hidden underneath the actor’s distinct voices was nothing short of important, even if it seems cliché on the surface. Intended to outline one’s greatest dreams and aspirations; large and small, the items on your bucket list should both clarify and motivate you towards an enjoyable life. I have thrown together a list in half an hour, off the top of my head, fortunately for me the “bucket list” can be modified, added to, and altered…

1. Travel the world (not once, but indefinitely as a lifestyle)and photograph the lives of 15 cultures, minimum.

2. Be the subject of a beautiful black and white photo shoot.

3. Raise or contribute to the lives of at least ten young children.

4. Have my book published…and then another.

5. Have the largest most wonderful bed with bedding of equal caliber.

6. Fall in love with a man I consider to be my best friend.

7. Own a home in at least 3 countries; 1 beachy, 1 snowy, 1 beautiful.

8. Find a way to thicken my hair.

9. Convince at least one person to do Gerson Therapy instead of Chemo.

10. Learn to understand and speak at least one foreign language.

11. BUILD TREE HOUSES!

No comments:

Post a Comment